(03) 9311 1133
24 Talmage Street, Albion VIC 3020
The Sunshine City Club was established in 1956 as the Sunshine Business Mens Club at 24 Talmage Street Albion, the original building was a former residence and it was converted into a club room, bar, kitchen and billiard room with a lawn bowls green being established in the early 1960s. In 1975 the rear of the residence was demolished and replaced with new club rooms, bar, kitchen, toilets and change facilites. Club access was restricted to members and guests only.
Then in April 1968 the club was registered as The Sunshine City Club, and in the 1980s members formed a Darts Club and a Social Golf Club. Also in this period the club was given the opportunity to purchase Number 22 Talmage Street which enabled us to extend our car parking area.
The early 1980s saw the introduction of ladies as members and they formed a Ladies Bowls Club and entered into the VLBA Pennant Competition, this required some more upgrading of the clubrooms and the installation of proper ladies facilities. Also the kitchen was refitted out with new equipment, club flat was renovated into a dining / function room and bar, and the number 2 bowls green was constructed which required the club to place Number 22 and 24 Talmage Street Albion onto the one title. The mid 1980s saw the introduction of Legalised Gaming Machines into Victoria and the club made an application and was granted a Gaming Venue Licence in 1997.
Today we provide full club services and facilities for our members, guests and patrons where they can relax and enjoy our friendly family-life atmosphere where our staff will look after your needs.